Emergency Contacts for the Ripon City Region:

POLICE (North Yorkshire Police)

In an emergency all 999

For non-emergencies call 101

27 Stonebridgegate, Ripon HG4 1NB

FIRE (North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue)

In an emergency call 999

25 Stonebridgegate, Ripon HG4 1LH

Non-emergencies 01765 646960

AMBULANCE (Yorkshire Ambulance Service)

In an emergency call 999

Stonebridgegate, Ripon HG4 1LH

NHS Services

NHS 111 can help if you have an urgent medical problem and you’re not sure what to do.

You answer questions about your symptoms on the website, or by speaking to a fully trained adviser on the phone.

You can ask for a translator if you need one.

Depending on the situation you will:

  • find out what local service can help you
    be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
    get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
    be given an arrival time if you need to go to A&E – this might mean you spend less time in A&E
    be told how to get any medicine you need
    get self-care advice

Call 999 in a medical emergency.

This is when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.

Medical emergencies can include:

Call 999 immediately if you or someone else is having a heart attack or stroke. Every second counts with these conditions.

Also call 999 if you think someone has had a major trauma, such as after a serious road traffic accident, a stabbing, a shooting, a fall from height, or a serious head injury.



Northern Power Grid

Emergency 0800 375 675 (24hrs)

To report a power cut call 105



National Grid

To report a gas or carbon monoxide emergency, or if a pipeline is struck (even if no gas leak has occurred) call 0800 111 999 (24hrs)




Yorkshire Water

Report a leak:

Before reporting any leak, you need to have the following 3 pieces of information at hand:

1. Note the exact location of the leak (postcode / street name / village)

2. Type of leak (pool of water, trickle down street, flowing stream, like a fountain)

3. Your contact details (we only require these in case we need to phone you back)

Once you’ve got all these details, please call our free leak line number on 0800 57 35 53.

Who’s responsible for a leak?

1. Inside your property – you’re responsible for the maintenance of the plumbing inside your premises, for example water pipes, water tanks and overflows.

2. Outside your property, but still on your land​ – you’re also responsible for the pipework from the boundary of your property up to where it enters your premises.

3. Outside your property boundary – if the leak is outside your property boundary and on our water pipe (pipes in roads, footpaths and the pipe that leads up to your property boundary) then this is our responsibility.




BT report line/fault line – 0800 800151

Call Virgin Media on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone, or on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (calls are chargeable).



Environment Agency Floodline – 0345 9881188

Environment Agency incident number – 0800 807060



Reporting incidents

In an emergency, call 999. Other incidents should be reported via our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 123 5000.

Report a problem on our network
We want to hear from you if you spot something wrong with our roads or any of the assets alongside them. This could be anything from a broken sign or barrier, to litter, overgrown vegetation or potholes. Report a problem.

General enquiries

Highways England

National Traffic Operations Centre

3 Ridgeway

Quinton Business Park


B32 1AF


Telephone: 0300 123 5000




RSPCA (emergency number) – 0300 1234999  


Call 01423 500600 during office hours.

8.30am until 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am until 4.30pm on Fridays.

The out of hours emergency number is 01423 556300. The emergency number is only for genuine emergencies relating to council services.

The council offices are closed on bank holidays, although you can continue to access online services on this website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.


North Yorkshire County Council Social Care – out of hours 01609 534527

North Yorkshire County Council Registrars – 01609 798832

North Yorkshire County Council Trading Standards – 01609 798885

Skip to content